How to apply
Register on Homefinder to apply for an independent living property. Then you’ll be able to:
- View all available properties and their locations
- View property details
- Apply for a property.
Once you’ve registered for a property, you’ll need to send a few documents so we can process your application.
These could range from a recent bank statement, to proof of your pension, savings, or other benefits.
We’ll send you a letter telling you exactly what we need from you, and how best to send it.
Extra care housing application process
Homefinder Somerset holds a waiting list for extra care properties. To get on the list you need to:
- Register on Homefinder. Make sure you select you’re interested in extra care housing.
- Provide ID to South Somerset District Council within 28 days, so they can activate your application.
- Call Adult Social Care on 0300 123 2224 to request an assessment for extra care provision.
- Provide evidence of your finances to Yarlington. You’ll receive a letter detailing exactly what we need.
- Once we receive your evidence we’ll contact you to carry out a home verification visit, and adult social care assessment.
- Then, a high, medium or low classification will be allocated, based on your individual needs. And you’ll be added to the waiting list.
If any of these stages aren’t completed, we won’t be able to place you on the list.
If you need help with your application, please feel free to get in touch.