The Legal Structure of Radian Group
The parent company of the Group is Radian Group Limited. This is a company limited by guarantee.
The housing providers are all housing associations:
- The Swaythling Housing Society Ltd. This housing association provides management services across the Group and uses “Radian” as its trading name.
- Drum Housing Association Ltd
- Portal Housing Association Ltd
- Windsor and District Housing Association Ltd
- Yarlington Housing Group
The housing associations listed above are all Registered Societies under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Drum, Yarlington and Portal have charitable objects and are classified as “exempt charities” within the provisions of Schedule 3 to the Charities Act 2011; Windsor and Swaythling are non-charitable Registered Societies.
Complying with regulation
The Regulator for Social Housing (RSH) awarded us it's highest ratings for regulatory compliance.
- Governance - G1. The provider meets the requirements on governance set out in the Governance and Financial Viability Standard.
- Viability - V1. The provider meets the requirements on viability set out in the Governance and Financial Viability Standard, and has the capacity to mitigate its exposures effectively.
Regulatory compliance statement
We received an in-depth assessment from the HCA in September 2016, which confirmed that we're in full compliance with the Governance and Viability Standards.
Following the Annual Stability Review in October 2017 we had confirmation that we had retained our G1/V1 rating.
An annual self-assessment is carried out against all requirements of the framework. The exercise was last reported to the board in May 2018 and confirmed full compliance. Therefore, we can confirm that the statement of compliance can be made in the 2017/18 financial statements.
Code of governance
In accordance with good governance principles, we have adopted the UK Corporate Code of Governance. We regularly review our compliance against the code, and any deviations from the Code of Governance are explained in our financial statements.
Please click on the documents you wish to view.